FOSTA (& SESTA)
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the biggest change to e-commerce law in decades. It was developed to standardize data protection laws in the EU and give EU residents more control over their personal data. The GDPR, adopted by the European Parliament in April of 2016, went into force on May 25th of this year. Accordingly, businesses must now be in compliance or face the possibility of serious fines.
A company in the United States must comply with the law if it collects data of EU residents, regardless of whether the company has a physical presence in the EU. The law applies to all businesses, including those in the adult industry.
Maxine Lynn can help clients in the U.S. navigate the provisions of this new law. In particular, she can help with strategizing for:
- Compliant obtaining of consent for collection of data
- Understanding data processing and controlling
- Appointment of a data security officer
- Appointment of an agent in the EU
- Compliant implementation of “Right to be Forgotten”
- Compliant dealing with data breaches
If you have a company in the fields of sex tech, sex toys, pleasure products, lubricants, porn, VR, AR, cams, or are a performer, contact Maxine Lynn today to schedule a free consultation regarding GDPR compliance.